Sunday without something special seems incomplete. Having gorged on a lot of meat Saturday night, I decided to go veg . So I got a few button mushrooms from the nearby store, got hold of some curd and cooked the easiest mushroom dish I have cooked till now.
- A can of Mushrooms
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup yogurt (I had plain and sweet curd, so I mixed equal portions of both )
- Coriander leaves, or any other herb you prefer.
- Wash the mushrooms properly and slit in two.
- Chop the onions and capsicum.
- In a wok, put two tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
- Fry the chopped onions in the butter till translucent.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms brown a little, add the chopped capsicum, the herbs and the curd.
- Cover and let it cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Keep a check on the moisture, so that the mushrooms don’t stick to the bottom of the wok.
- Once all the sauce is dries up, your mushrooms are ready to be mopped with bread, or to be taken as a side dish with rice!
I created this dish myself and my husband loved it so much that I have a request to prepare this again next Sunday. So please try it out and let me know what you think ! I will be really excited to see your replies!