Nagaland is one of the eight states of north eastern India, There are many tribes in Nagaland, and the people are generally referred to as ‘Naga’.
The Naga have a wide variety of cooking techniques. Fish and meat are typically included in a traditional Naga meal in smoked, boiled or fermented form.
Today I am sharing the recipe of Naga style boiled chicken, which is utterly scrumptious and incredibly easy.
- 500 gms chicken , properly washed
- Garlic cloves : 10-12
- Tomatoes :2
- Potato – 1
- Vegetables of your choice
- Bamboo Shoot (Optional)
- Green Chillies
- Crushed peppercorns / Pepper powder
- Coriander leaves. I have used long coriander leaves as you can see in the photo below:
- Crush the ginger and garlic. I use a mortar pestle, like this one:
2. Put the chicken , crushed ginger garlic , tomatoes , salt and green chillies into a pan, add water and boil for 20-25 minutes till the chicken is tender:
3. Add crushed peppercorns, and the vegetables of your choice, for eg carrots, beans, cabbage , capsicum, broccoli, etc.
4. If you are using bamboo shoot , now is the time to add that into the pan. If not, ignore this step 🙂
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes, adjust the consistency as per your need, add chopped coriander and take off heat.
Serve with steamed rice, or noodles. It is finger licking good! Try it out !