Some days back , there was an impromptu dinner plan at our place with a few school friends.
For such parties , I swear by the KFC style chicken which I learned from my super talented friend Sayantani . But with no time to marinate the chicken, I almost ordered some starters from a nearby takeaway, when I decided to take a look into my fridge once more.
And the soya sauce caught my eye. I settled for my version of honey soy chicken, which is an easy breezy pan seared chicken dish, and you can cook it up in no time.
- Chicken pieces
- Refined vegetable Oil/Olive oil
- Minced ginger and garlic
- Soya sauce
- Boil the chicken pieces with salt and pepper for 15-20 minutes , till it is cooked.
- Take some oil in a pan and brown both sides of the chicken pieces by shallow frying.
3. For the sauce, take 2 tablespoon soya sauce, 3.5 – 4 tablespoon honey. Add the ginger garlic paste to this mixture and stir well. The quantity of the sauce depends upon the amount of sauce, but try to keep the proportion of soy-honey as mentioned.
4. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, pour the sauce into the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Smear the chicken pieces well with the sauce and stir fry for around 2 minutes.
6. Juicy finger licking, lip smacking delicious chicken is ready to be served with some drinks
Do try and let me know!