It was a lazy Sunday yesterday. I spent it watching short movies with my husband and reading a book. If you know me, you will know that I cannot spend my entire day indoors. So before the sun set, I went out on my two wheeler. The evening air was a respite from the hot weather. I stopped at a nearby grocery store and got a bottle of my favourite vanilla essence, just for the sake of buying something.
I started craving for something baked when I reached home and as I had nothing better to do , I made these buttery delights:
Please pardon my bad photography!
These biscuits are highly sought after by the entire family (mine as well as his) ! So I would like to share the recipe with you all .
Ingredients (makes around 25-28 biscuits):
- 150 gms all purpose flour (maida)
- 40 gms sugar, powdered
- 100 gms butter, softened, not melted.
- Few cashew nuts (crushed) and raisins
- Cardamom (elaichi) seeds
- Vanilla Essence
- Mix the butter and sugar together till the mixture looks creamy.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, the cardamom seeds , raisins and the cashew nuts and mix well.
- Now add the flour into the mixture part by part, in three parts.
- Gently bring the mixture together with your hands, do not knead the mixture. It should look like breadcrumbs, like this:
5. After mixing for some time, shape the dough into a log and wrap it in paper/aluminium foil/cling film and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. After an hour, cut the log into small slices and line in a baking tray sprayed with refined oil
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 13-15 minutes, till the bottom of the cookies become brown.
- Let them cool for around 5-10 minutes. The cookies will then become hard and crisp and so delectable!
This recipe is adopted from :
I hope you try these out! Let me know if you liked it, or if you have any questions!