One fine day , my father enthusiastically told us that he will prepare a very special chicken today with no oil. Although my father happens to be a good cook, my mother was very sceptical with the no oil part.
When my father was done cooking , the dish looked like a masterpiece and we couldn’t stop licking our fingers on the dining table.
I swear by that recipe now also, when guests are coming over for dinner or a party. So here goes the recipe for you guys :
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 500 gms chicken
- 500 gms onion
- 2-3 green chillies, depending on your palate
- 300 ml hot and sweet tomato ketchup.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut onions in half. If they are too big, cut into 4 pieces.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Heat a kadhai.
- Put the chicken, chillies and onions together in the kadhai.
- Add some salt ,stir once and cover.
- Keep it covered and let the chicken cook in the water released from itself and the onions.
- Once the chicken is cooked properly, remove the cover and let the water dry, by increasing the flame. But ensure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once the water dries up, pour around 200 ml of the hot and sweet tomato ketchup and stir continuously.
- Taste it, and put more ketchup if you want.
- Your roast chicken is ready.
It is best served with some Pulao.